Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DIY Your Own Wedding Bouquet

When I started planning our wedding I knew right away that I wanted to make my own flowers. I love creative flower arrangements. I wanted something different. I also knew that if we chose not to hire a florist that we'd save thousands of dollars. What I didn't know was how much fun I would have with my bridesmaids making our bouquets. It was so so much fun and didn't take much time at all.


Step 1: Collect Supplies. For my wedding bouquets I used fresh flowers, handmade velvet flowers, berry twigs, feather birds, feathers and vintage brooches. I also used some family heirloom ribbon and velvet ribbon that I found the first month we were dating! Choose accents that are personal to you!

 
Step 2: Start from the center and build the floral base of your bouquet. Work your way out by adding more and more flowers.

Step 3: Wrap the stems with floral tape. Use as much as you need to make it feel secure. The floral tape should go where ever you plan to wrap the ribbon. The ribbon will eventually hide it completely!


Step 4: Add accent piece such as feather birds or feathers.


Step 5: Wrap the base of your stems with a pretty ribbon. I also tied some lace on mine as an accent.


Ta-Da! Here's a finished bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment